About Rocky View 2020
We are landowners, homeowners, developers, builders, former elected officials and other service providers who care deeply about the future of Rocky View County. An inclusive group, we encourage others who share our vision to become part of shaping a great future for Rocky View County.
We believe Rocky View’s regional role will be of increasing importance as Calgary and Alberta grows. How we accommodate growth and adapt to changing trends and desires will be critical to enhancing lifestyle and economic value.
We believe innovative ideas and exceptional leadership can deliver the progressive, sustainable, vibrant future that current and future residents aspire to enjoy.
Click here to view our mission and principles.
Our mission, vision and values
- To give voice to community issues important to the future development of Rocky View County.
- Though factual information, education, better understanding and informed discussion, we foster an innovative, inviting, thriving, and sustainable County that balances agriculture with diverse residential, recreational and business opportunities.
- We are forward looking, constructive and respectful of the diverse landscapes that make up Rocky View County.
- We contribute quality ideas to appropriately manage growth, enhance quality of life opportunities and build inspired communities while holding true to values that honour the past and recognize our agriculture roots.
- We help sustain and improve property values, seek to encourage fiscal responsibility, and encourage strong environmental stewardship.
- We embrace the future, cognizant that Rocky View County must adapt to Alberta and Calgary growth in order to create a better tomorrow for everyone.
- We foster healthy environments where diverse land owners can co-exist and even complement each other’s activities.
- We increase understanding and acceptance of sustainable development practices and the importance of lifestyle preservation.
- Improved fiscal, social and environmental sustainability
- Innovative thinking
- Collaborative engagement
- Importance of local history and agriculture
- Well managed, progressive growth
- Preservation of existing lifestyles
We are a new group, although most of us have been around the County for a very long time.
We first gathered together when the draft Rocky View County Plan was released in 2013 although we had been concerned for some time that a few, well-organized and highly vocal people were shaping an unsustainable Rocky View County that would negatively impact property values and taxes.
Our group grows with every meeting.
The County Plan will direct community development for at least the next decade.
Although a good start, we were concerned the draft County Plan will not deliver what Rocky View fully needs to improve it fiscal, environmental and social future.